Join Father Matt and other parishioners for a mini-series on what Catholics believe. We will meet on selected Wednesdays (see below) at St. Gregory’s. This class is for everyone – whether you have recently returned to the Church or have been participating in Mass since a baby, but want to learn more. All classes are 6:00pm – 7:30pm in the Parish Hall. Come as you are able.
Class schedule and topics:
August 23rd – The Bible
August 30th – Grace and the Sacraments
Adult Faith Formation
- I’m wondering about Catholicism…
- I’d like to know more about this church.
- There are many things I just don’t understand…
- What are “the Sacraments” and why are they important?
- What does “the Church” say and do about Social Justice and why?
- What’s important about “community”?
- It seems like there are so many “rules”…why?
- I try to live a good life, be helpful to others; isn’t that enough?
- Are you wondering…interested…questioning?
From The Catholics Come Home Website
Discover a beautiful faith in the Catholic Church.
G.K. Chesterton once wrote, “The difficulty in explaining ‘why I am a Catholic’ is that there are ten thousand reasons all amounting to one reason: that Catholicism is true.” Nearly 2,000 years ago, Jesus Christ founded the Catholic Church to preserve the truth He gave us and hand it down through the centuries, helping people all around the world encounter the love of God in every age and in every corner of the earth.
Over the years, there have been an untold number of questions and objections raised about the Catholic Church’s teachings and practices. The answers are there, and it’s worth your time to find them. As the Venerable Archbishop Fulton Sheen once said, “There are not even 100 people in this country who hate the Catholic Church, but there are millions who hate what they think the Catholic Church to be.”
The Lord wants us all to know and understand His truth, so we can embrace it wholeheartedly and live by it. Christ reminds us,
“The truth shall make you free” (John 8:32).
To read more from Catholics Come Home Click Here.
Adult Bible Study
Attention Women of St. Gregory’s Parish!
- Do you need more peace in your hectic day?
- Would you like to ease the pressures of your life with prayer?
- Do you have a longing to know Christ deeper?