St. Joseph Cemetery
Catholic Cemeteries seek to communicate the image of the communion of Saints. Those requesting burial within St. Joseph’s Cemetery of St. Gregory the Great Catholic Church are proclaiming their belief in the Resurrection and Christ’s promise of eternal life to those who follow Him.
Those who find themselves in financial distress will be offered the same dignity as those able to fully pay for goods and
services offered by St. Joseph’s Cemetery.
Only those ceremonies in keeping with the Roman Catholic Church and the ecumenical guidelines of the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis may be conducted or celebrated within St. Joseph’s Cemetery.
A Mass is held on Memorial Day each year at the cemetery.
Cemetery Rules and Regulations
- Memorial items may be placed on a grave seven days before an anniversary date of death or birth or Memorial Day and remain for seven days after such date when items must be removed.
- Cut flowers are permitted. Flowers will be removed when they become unsightly.
- One plant stand for living plants or
flowers is allowed on each gravesite.
- Memorial monuments projecting above the ground are allowed in Blocks 1-18, though some restrictions may apply.
- Blocks 19 and 20 are reserved for flush monuments (unless the monument was in place prior to October 1, 2008)
- All memorial monuments/gravestones must be approved by the Cemetery Board prior to ordering, purchase and placement on an interment site. Before placing an order, make sure the dealer is reputable and understands the Rules and Regulations.
The following are prohibited:
- Driving in excess of 10 mph
- Loud, boisterous, or lewd talking/conduct
- Liquor or illegal drugs
- Throwing of rubbish
- Placing of signs, notices or advertisements.
- Unleashed Pets (waste must be picked up and properly disposed)
Interments may occur on:
Monday-Friday: 8:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
Saturday: 8:00 a.m.-12 Noon
No committal services will be held on Sundays, holidays, Holy Days, or during the Easter Triduum.
A more detailed “Rules and Regulations” booklet is available at the St. Gregory the Great Parish Office.
St. Joseph Cemetery Costs
|Gravesite with one burial||$750*|
|Cremation – Second Right of Use||$400|
|Burial of Cremated Remains||$250**|
|Winter Digging Surcharge||$100|
|Marking Fee||$ 30|
|Gazebo Memorial Plaque||$500|
*Does not include opening and closing fees which are incurred by the excavation company
**By St. Joseph’s Cemetery caretaker
Certificates of Ownership are issued upon receipt of full payment for gravesite.
Payment options are available on pre-planned sales.
14th Avenue and Elm Street
North Branch, MN
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 609, North Branch, MN 55056